Jamboree-On-The-Air and Jamboree-On-The-Internet (JOTA-JOTI) is an official international event of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM). JOTA-JOTI is a youth programme event intended for young people in Scouting of all ages.
The purpose of JOTA-JOTI is to enable and encourage Scouts around the world to communicate with one another by means of amateur radio and the internet, providing a fun and educational Scouting experience and promoting their sense of belonging to a worldwide Scout Movement.
At world level, JOTA-JOTI is coordinated by the World JOTA-JOTI Team (WJJT), led by a World JOTA-JOTI Coordinator (WJJC). The WJJT reports to the World Scout Committee and is supported by the World Scout Bureau.
JOTA-JOTI related activities take place simultaneously all around the world each year during the third weekend in October. The programme for JOTA-JOTI consists both of activities developed at world level and initiatives developed at national and local level, supported by National JOTA-JOTI Coordinators and their respective teams.
- JOTA-JOTI is a fun and exciting experience for young people in Scouting.
- JOTA-JOTI seeks to promote quality Scouting in a manner faithful to the purpose, principles and method of Scouting and consistent with the needs and aspirations of young people in today’s world.
- JOTA-JOTI strives for a meaningful engagement of as many young people from as many parts of the world as possible.
- JOTA-JOTI is an occasion to celebrate Scouting and to generate positive energy to support the development of the Scout Movement.
- Promote Scouts’ sense of belonging to the worldwide Scout Movement.
- Promote peace, cultural awareness, tolerance, sharing, collaboration and to encourage good deeds and active citizenship.
- Provide opportunities for the development of teamwork and leadership skills through patrol-based activities.
- Provide exciting opportunities for young people to explore technology and to develop technical skills.
- Promote innovation and creativity.
- JOTA-JOTI shall offer programme appropriate to young people in Scouting of all ages (i.e. pre-Cubs and Cub Scouts up to and including Rover Scouts).
- The programme for JOTA-JOTI is developed by the WJJT and approved by the World Scout Committee.
- The JOTA-JOTI programme shall be a reflection of the Promise, Law, Principles and Method of Scouting, as defined by the WOSM Constitution, and shall also reflect the most up-to-date policies and initiatives of WOSM relating to youth programme.
National JOTA-JOTI Coordinators
Each National Scout Organization has been asked to nominate a National JOTA-JOTI Coordinator (referred to hereafter as “NJCs”). NJCs serve as the main point of contact between the WJJT and NSOs. They are responsible, under the supervision of their respective NSO leadership, for coordinating all JOTA-JOTI activities within an NSO and for promoting participation in the events.